Bencurtis Park is delighted to have a variety of different events and activities on. There are weekly Arts & Crafts classes held in the Adams Hall, monthly Tea & Talk meetings held in the Notley Lounge, a bridge club and many more fun and entertaining activities in which to take part.
The majority of the activities and events we have at Bencurtis Park are organised and run by the residents in conjunction with the association’s Outings Co-ordinator’, the ‘Friends’, and volunteers.
We would be more than happy to welcome new members to our available activities. If there is any activity you would like to join and take part in or if you would like to find out more don’t hesitate to contact the resident running the activity, your representative on the Friends committee or contact the Administration Office.
Our monthly News & Views newsletter also has more information on current activities, events, outings and more.
Arts and crafts
- The Arts Class is held weekly in the Adams Hall on Monday mornings. Residents and friends can come and learn and practice the art of painting and drawing. The Crafts Group is held on a Thursday morning in the Notley Lounge. Anyone wishing to join the Arts Class or Crafts Group will be very welcome.
- Card Bingo and Traditional Bingo are played alternate Wednesday evenings in the Adams Hall. Everyone welcome.
- The Bridge Club is always looking for new players to come and play Bridge on Tuesday mornings in the Notley Lounge. The Bridge Club always welcomes new members.
- The Whist Club gathers on Monday evenings to play Whist. Please feel free to come and join in, everyone is welcome.
Tea & Coffee ‘Get togethers’
- If you fancy a cup of tea or coffee while having a chat with the other residents why not come along to our coffee mornings. Coffee mornings take place in the Notley Lounge every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- We also have an afternoon tea service in the Notley Lounge everyday (except Sunday). Everyone welcome.
- Fitness Classes are held with a personal trainer in the Notley Lounge on Monday mornings. We would be delighted if new members would like to join our fitness class.
- Gentle Exercise classes meet in the Notley Lounge on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Monday of each month at 2pm.
Short mat Bowls
- Seasonal Short Mat Bowls takes place from October to April and is located in the Adams Hall every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoon. New members are very welcome.
- Darts is played in the Chamberlain Lounge and anyone can come and join in. Darts will be played in the afternoon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Croquet is one of our most popular summertime activities. Croquet is played on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons in the summer (weather permitting) and is located on the outside lawn by Willis Court.
- Other activities and interests include the Chess Club, Debating Society, Recorded Music Group.
Bencurtis Park Library
- The Bencurtis Park Library is located in Willis Court on the ground floor and is open on Tuesday and Friday afternoons. All residents are welcome to use the library.
- The quilting group meets in the Adams Hall on Monday Afternoons. New members welcome.
The Bencurtis Choir
- The Bencurtis Choir meets regularly on a Friday evening in the Adams Hall.
- On the 2nd Tuesday of every month, the Bencurtis Christian Fellowship meets in the Chamberlain Lounge.
- On the last Monday of every month, the Service of the Holy Communion will be in the Chamberlain Lounge at 10.30am
Bencurtis Park Walking Group
- Almost each month the ‘Bencurtis Park Walking Group’ (organised by the residents) plan walks to many of the local areas and places of interest.
- Here at Bencurtis Park we run a Crafts Group where anyone can come along and enjoy the crafts of sewing, knitting and other needle and thread work.
For more information about events run by the Association see our monthly News & Views newsletter