We are currently recruiting to the following positions:
HR Assistant/Advisor part time
Permanent – Part time 17.5 hours a week, working across either 4 or 5 days a week must include working Fridays, there is flexibility on start and finish times. We are offering a competitive salary of up to £27300 (salary will be pro rata for part time hours) which will be dependent on skills, experience and qualifications plus company benefits.
We are looking for someone to take up the role of HR Assistant/Advisor this is a generalist role supporting the HR Manager to provide an effective day to day comprehensive HR service to all areas of Glebe Housing Association.
You will need to have experience of working within an HR department and be able to demonstrate that you can carry out all general HR administration and Advisor duties, supporting managers and staff with general employee queries.
You need to have minimum of CIPD level 3 and previous experience of giving direct support and general guidance to line managers on employee relations matters in the absence of the HR Manager. Preferably in care and service environment.
Glebe Housing Association was formed in 1974 as a not for profit organisation providing sheltered accommodation for older people. We have 202 sheltered housing units, a mix of rental and leasehold properties and a Nursing Home. All our accommodation is based on one site in our retirement village in West Wickham.
We are a small busy hand’s on team and are looking for someone who has the skills and ability to hit the ground running. If you are looking to work part time hours as detailed above and can demonstrate you have the skills, experience and qualification for this role we would like to hear from you.
Summary of Key Job requirements.
- Responsible for all dealing all day to day HR administration which includes end to end recruitment process, offer letters, pre-employment checks, recording data and reporting etc.
- Supporting line managers and employees with general queries relating to pay, contract, maternity, paternity, unpaid leave etc.
- Giving advice and guidance to line managers on a range of employee relation issues, seeking guidance from the HR Manager or from legal support team as and when required.
- Understanding of HR employment law in particularly relating to contracts, terms and conditions, discrimination, maternity / paternity, disciplinary and dismissal processes, grievances, etc.
- Ability to represent HR during investigation and disciplinary guiding on process and note taking.
- Provide relevant information on new starters, salary changes, and changes in hours and terms and conditions of employment that impact on payroll
- Responsible for new starter information, and co-ordinating induction to ensure all new starter get inducted into the organisation
- Support with the training and development requirements of all staff
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies and their practical application in order to provide advice and support to all staff and managers
- Any other duties required as directed by HR Manager or CEO.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your current CV to Wendy Watson HR Manager.
Closing date 5 February 2019 however due to the number of applications we reserve the right to close sooner.
We are not accepting application via Agencies or any third party.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Glebe Housing Association in West Wickham, BR4 9QD
Reporting to CEO Salary Circa £38k Plus Benefits
We are currently seeking an individual to take up the busy hands on role of Executive Assistant Office Manager. We are looking for someone with previous experience of working as an EA/PA who has previously worked directly for a CEO and supported a board and senior management team, this experience is an essential requirement. Additionally you should have some experience of keeping a small, but busy office in order and on track.
You must be able to demonstrate you can prioritise your own workload and maintain high standards of organisational, administrative and project support to the CEO, Board and senior management team, often in a pressurised environment preparing board reports and packs ready for meetings, working to tight deadlines while utilising your excellent IT skills.
You’ll be involved in a wide range of tasks including supporting with the office management, working alongside a small diverse team. You will be responsible for overseeing general reception and these duties.
Your role will include facilitating and arranging events and meetings, project work, coordinating the CEO’s diary and setting up systems that record, monitor and benchmark performance indicators. A knowledge of acting as a company secretary who will draft reports, maintain company records and standing orders would be desirable.
You must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, work on your own initiative and use your judgement to make decisions.
The right candidate will be people person, truly diplomatic and be able to work constructively with a range of people at all levels of the organisation.
Previous experienced of working previously within a charity/housing association is desirable but not essential.
This role is a full-time position working 35 hours per week with occasional evening meeting attendance is required.
In return the Association offers some excellent staff benefits as follows
- Company Pension Scheme: up to 9% employer contributions
- Company sickness scheme (after successful completion of probation)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave (plus of bank holidays & rising after 3 years continuous service)
- Employee Assistance
- Season ticket loan
- Contribution to professional subscriptions
- Post entry training and development
If you have the previous experience and relevant skills, we would like to hear from you, please send your CV via email to Wendy Watson HR Manager. email@example.com
Due to number of applicants we may not be able to respond to unsuitable applicants. We reserve the right to extend the closing date if suitable applicants are not found.
Location: West Wickham, Kent BR4 9QD
We are not using agencies to fill these vacancies